[icinga-devel] icinga api

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Wed Aug 26 10:12:40 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 26.08.2009, 09:23 +0200 schrieb Hendrik Baecker:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Am 26.08.09 09:05, schrieb Christoph Maser:
> > When building RPMS I simply put everything %{_datadir}/icinga  into a
> > subpackage icinga-gui. Now you put the api in this directory. Can we
> > have a clean toplevel dir for each component?
>
> Indeed, we didn't thought about packaging...
> Imo the API may look like a php library which is used by the
> webinterface. But splitting them might lead into problems like basedir
> restrictions, etc.
>
> Do you have suggestions for us?

I would only split them of at packaging time and in icinga-gui set
"Requires: icinga-api = %{version}". So no reasons to worry about
basedir and versions. The only point is to have an icinga-api package
wich can be used seperatly.

Having a dirs like this would be nice:

%{_datadir}/icinga/web    <- contain all web content
%{_datadir}/icinga/docs   <- contain docs
%{_datadir}/icinga/api    <- contain api only

My spec will provide these packages

icinga
icinga-api       Requires: icinga
icinga-docs
icinga-gui       Requires: icinga, icinga-api, icinga-docs, php, httpd
icinga-idoutils  Requires: icinga, libdbi

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach