[icinga-devel] 4 of 4 : Configuration patch

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Tue Dec 1 10:24:31 CET 2009

Am Montag, den 30.11.2009, 22:59 +0100 schrieb Steve Traylen:
> I can see why you would not want to add this one for sure.
>
> This puts creates a /etc/icinga/conf.d directory and includes that in
> the configuration.
>
> It moves the resource.cfg to /etc/icinga/private/resource.cfg
>
> Why these patches?
>
> I've been looking at adding to EPEL.
> Work in progress is here.
> http://cern.ch/straylen/rpms/icinga/
> but I certainly need to work on the init.d scripts before it stands a
> chance of being included.
>   Steve

Steve

I already do the init-script at the project wich I also submitted to
rpmforge. Actually I was thinking about submitting that to fedora/EPEL
myself. You can find the current version here:
https://git.icinga.org/index?p=icinga-core.git;a=blob;f=icinga.spec;h=51389b97df6c9e122118638ca5cca207ca7ee58b;hb=HEAD

When building new spec files it might also be worthwhile to invest in
using the new fedora usermanagement:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageUserCreation

But going down that path certainly makes it to complex to have a single
spec for suse/rpmforge/epel...

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach