[icinga-devel] 3 of 4 : Rename idomod.o to idomod.so

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tue Dec 1 16:31:54 CET 2009

Hi,

Steve Traylen wrote the following on 2009-12-01 14:57:
> idomod.so is a shared object.
It could be, but it is not necessarily being shared to other processes.
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea but for me there's no difference in
this case between .o and .so ;-)

>  idomod.so  is to icinga what say mod_ssl.so is to httpd
> which is also where I stole the directory structure from.
Hmmm yep for rpm building the idea is really good but for a normal
install using ./configure it lacks with the LIBDIR functionality ...
idomod.(s)o will be in /usr/lib whereas ido2db or icinga binaries are in
/usr/local/icinga/bin/ ... I think there's need of a bit more discussion
how to spread the install outside of /usr/local/icinga (just regarding
uninstall). If it even makes sense?
I could think of a special configure flag for rpmbuilding like
--with-sharedlib-dir or similar.

Maybe Christoph or Hendrik could provide more infos on that.

michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tel: +43 1 4277 14359

Vienna University Computer Center
Universitaetsstrasse 7