[icinga-devel] 2 of 4 : Rename p1.pl module so not to clash with nagios.

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Mon Dec 7 15:29:03 CET 2009

Am Montag, den 07.12.2009, 15:16 +0100 schrieb Steve Traylen:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Michael Friedrich
> <michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at> wrote:
> > Hmmm besides the t-tap tests are untouched (meanwhile not quite usable with
> > icinga) i am wondering about the benefit of renaming pl.pl to icinga.pl ...
> > or do you mean something like one single dir where alle the binaries are in?
> >
> > Steve Traylen wrote the following on 2009-11-30 22:52:
> >
> > This one renames p1.pl to icingap1.pl
>
> It has to renamed in order to installed by rpm at the same time as the
> existing nagios rpm and that is I think something that should be
> possible from a pure good
> packaging point even if it's a bit dumb.
>
> So by all means you ignore this but the package will have to patch the renaming
> of this.

Erm why should one install nagios and icinga at the same time. My RPMs
provide nagios (Provides: nagios) since that is what is really going on,
icinga-core is a nagios replacement.

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach