[icinga-devel] [Icinga-devel] Review & IDOUTILS (trying SQLite)

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Fri Jul 31 03:31:18 CEST 2009

Hi there,

it's been a while, but right now I am very thankful your webserver is
back again ;-)

I have been working on an deprecated solution for getting Postgres to
work - it does, of course, but doesn't fulfill every RDBM, only MySQL -
Postgres wasn't successful - and has some buffer issues.

Currently I am trying to rewrite each query (ca. 50) to fit for each
database scheme. Therefore I have created a new file named
dbqueries.c/.h to remove the queries (just now only update/inserT) from
dbhanderl.c and getting functions called to decide which rdbm should be
taken.

It is more work than expected, but current status is about 40%, as you
may review in the source code:
https://git.icinga.org/index?p=icinga-core.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/mfriedrich/sql-standardization

I would be very happy if someone could review it while I am working - I
am quite a Postgres-noob, concerning the fact that there is no UPSERT or
MERGE in Postgres - is there something like a procedure, or do we have
to try UPDATE and on not successfull, an INSERT?

Any help much appreciated!