[icinga-devel] Icinga web interface

Martin Fuerstenau mf at maerber.de
Tue Jun 2 16:11:26 CEST 2009

I agree totally. Due to the fact that we has to deal with config files I
think the main problem of most tools is that the "oldfashioned big
monster files" are generated from the tools. Impossible to add for
example 50 hosts with all services by hand.

And templates are also not a solution except you are a internet provider
or so.

I prefer a directory structure. One directory per server at the end with
one file per service in each directory. This works fine for 1300 hosts
and 9000 services. Impossible to handle that with a webfrontend.

Greetings
Martin Fuestenau