[icinga-devel] ODBC support

Onotsky, Steve x55328 Steve.Onotsky at broadridge.com
Thu Jun 11 19:47:38 CEST 2009

From: Michael Friedrich [mailto:michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at]
Sent: June 11, 2009 11:32
To: icinga-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [icinga-devel] ODBC support

>Well regarding the fact that the IDO is implemented in C the Perl DBI >wouldn't fit ;-)

True, but couldn't you just fork out a process to Perl, the location of which could be compiled in for sanity's sake, and perform the data operations?  Perhaps something like as detailed at http://www.xav.com/perl/lib/Pod/perlcall.html (and I'm sure many others).

I'm just spitballing here, but there has to be a cheaper (free) and quicker way of getting the job done.

>But the libdbi is an implementation in C like the Perl DBI and is currently >used. MySQL support is already implemented, others will follow (but that >remains a lot of work to do...).

Fair enough.  I'm a big proponent of consistency, but if it means using licensed code to get connectivity, then perhaps it's not the most effective way...?

Cheers

attachments from your system.