[icinga-devel] ODBC support

Onotsky, Steve x55328 Steve.Onotsky at broadridge.com
Thu Jun 11 22:58:23 CEST 2009

OK, I hadn't thought that far ahead...  but one way to get around it,
and potentially realize performance gains no matter which way you do it
(and I admit that I haven't delved into the C code to see how it's done)
would be to queue up database updates until there are either a certain
number of pending operations, or a certain number of system clock ticks
have passed, or system load levels are low, and flush everything out to
the database then...  Unless there's a requirement to have every single
update be as near to real-time as possible.

> the only licsensed code you are using is e.g. from oracle the sdk to
get
> the oci (oracle call interface) to let the libdbi driver send the
query
> requests using this interface.
>
> libdbi is an open source project and not depending on any commercial
> driver.

Good to know; I wonder if this project didn't have the same sort of
genesis as the Perl DBI project.

attachments from your system.