[Icinga-devel] Icinga PHP library
swebster at pixius.com
Thu May 7 17:04:43 CEST 2009
I also would be very interested in the PHP library. We actively use Nagios as part of our monitoring solution and we would like to better meld nagios into our own internal Admin tools we have built for our use. This would be something I could contribute to. I was also wondering if there was any thought put into possibly a Python library that one could interface with also for even greater.
From: Axel Liljencrantz [mailto:axel.liljencrantz at freecode.no]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 8:19 AM
To: icinga-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Icinga-devel] Icinga PHP library
My name is Axel Liljencrantz, and I'd like to inquire a bit about the planned PHP library in Icinga. I am currently working on a PHP-based web service where I would like to integrate status and relationship information from our Nagios installation, as well as ticket information from our ticket handling system and various other data. I have just now come to the point where I was starting work on Nagios integration, and
*bam* I get an email about the Icinga fork, and you plans to (among other things) provide a PHP library for access to the surveillance data.
This obviously sounds very exciting, since it could potentially be a huge time saver for me.
So, I would very much like to know a few things:
* Roughly when will a first draft of the library be available?
* Are you basing this library on an already existing library/codebase, and if so, which one?
* Since I'm working mostly on company time and we're having a bit of a global recession right now, I probably won't be allowed to spend _fantastic_ amounts of time on working on the library, but I'd be more than happy to help out if somebody would care to point me in a desirable direction.
* Where will the source be made available from? Or is it already available? I couldn't find it on the site.
* What version control system will you be using?
* Does the compatibility goals stated on your front page also cover the PHP library, e.g. will it work against a current Nagios installation? I realize there may be bad blood between Nagios and Icinga, but it would probably be a huge benefit to a lot of users of both systems, and it would ease transitions from one to the other. :)
I realize you're all probably a bit busy right now, but I'd be grateful for a response as soon as you have the time.
Good luck with the project!
By the way, the project I'm working on, FreeCDMB, is open source and you're more than welcome to check it out if you're interested:
Konsulent, Fri Programvare / Free Software Consultant
Cell: +47 - 473 44 003
Phone: +47 - 21 53 69 00, Fax: +47 - 21 53 69 09
Addr: Nydalsveien 30b, 0484 Oslo
«Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen an angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.» - Linus Torvalds
More information about the icinga-devel