[Icinga-devel] Icinga vs Nagios code structure

Taylor Dondich tdondich at gmail.com
Thu May 7 18:49:12 CEST 2009

The Nagios 2.x codebase IS seperated.  There is no direct tie from the
HTML web interface to Nagios core.  You don't need the web interface
to run the core.  You can write a replacement UI right now in PHP and
be just fine (I know, I wrote one for Groundwork Open Source).

I think Icinga will look towards leveraging ndoutils to make all the
data readily available in database form.  In that case, you can use
any high-level language (isn't C high level?), with database support
to grab data.  I know, I'm writing one.  :)

Taylor