[Icinga-devel] Antwort: Re: Review and IDOUtils (Oracle) Part II

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed May 13 17:26:01 CEST 2009

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com wrote the following on 13.05.2009 15:12:

> I'd rather say: let configure check for the existance of the user
> supplied as parameter (or the defaults if none are supplied) and
> throw an error/warning at the end:
>
> WARNING: configure found problems preventing a successful install:
> - user icinga not found on your system.
> - group icinga not found on your system.

Ok I agree with that - getting the error at make (=compile) is not that
good, but it would be nice to get a notice from the configure script in
order to do it before make. Saves time, but should also be mentioned in
the INSTALL file to advise the user.

michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tel: +43 1 4277 14359

Vienna University Computer Center