[Icinga-devel] Feature Request 'API' (REST style) for ICINGA?

Jan Algermissen algermissen1971 at mac.com
Wed May 13 17:41:43 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have been a sort of 'power user' of Nagios during 2003 and 2004 and
among other things integrated it in a service support architecture.
What I was seriously missing at that time was an interface to access
Nagios programmaticaly.

Given that I am a strong proponent of REST style Web services for
systems integration I would be interested in designing an building
something along these lines for ICINGA.

Now, this is definitely not a priority for a monitoring system, but I
would be glad if you'd let me know if it makes sense to give this
topic some deeper thoughts.

Thanks,

Jan