[icinga-devel] Small Git Howto published

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Thu May 14 14:03:53 CEST 2009

Hi there,

Ok Hendrik you are too fast for me, I just wanted to start with GIT
finally. Thanks for the guidance :)

One minor note und getting GIT into the system:

RHEL:
Easy typing

yum install git

Debian:
tested on sidux, it remains apt-getting exactly git-core, otherwise apt
will run into gnuit which is completely different and misplaced.

apt-get install git-core

Other Tutorials are easy to find, just as [1] or [2].

Kidn regards,
Michael

[1] http://git-scm.com/documentation
[2] http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html