[icinga-devel] Modules

Shane Webster swebster at pixius.com
Thu May 14 16:19:51 CEST 2009

I have always thought "Nagios"/"Icinga" Would benefit from the ability to drop in modules, such as a SNMP module that allow for greater control of SNMP graphing/traps I know there are multiple tools to incorporate with Nagios for this purpose but to expand Nagios's core with Modules I think might be the best bet. Also, the ability to write these modules in a language like Python, Perl , or Ruby would allow for a even greater base of contribution to the project. Any thoughts on this idea?

Shane