[icinga-devel] Antwort: Re: Small Git Howto published

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Thu May 14 17:23:28 CEST 2009

> Ah well sorry for that. It's an initial step on my working machines
> because the original rhel repo is more or less kind of useless for
> my programming and testing concerns.
>
> including the DAG as follows on http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/FAQ.php#B

That's sadly a bigger problem. The RPMForge Repo has packages
with the same name as RHEL5 standard. If you add the repo and
issue an "yum update", then yum fetches all newer versions vom
RPMforge and updates the RHEL packages. That's major PITA since
RHEL support will go like "Oh, you have core libraries from
a third party source - go figure out the problem yourself."

Sadly a no-go for many of us.

I'd rather download the git rpms and install them manually.

Regards
        Sascha

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522