[icinga-devel] Antwort: Re: Small Git Howto published

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Thu May 14 17:38:16 CEST 2009

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com wrote the following on 14.05.2009 17:23:

> That's sadly a bigger problem. The RPMForge Repo has packages
> with the same name as RHEL5 standard. If you add the repo and
> issue an "yum update", then yum fetches all newer versions vom
> RPMforge and updates the RHEL packages. That's major PITA since
> RHEL support will go like "Oh, you have core libraries from
> a third party source - go figure out the problem yourself."
>
> Sadly a no-go for many of us.
>
> I'd rather download the git rpms and install them manually.

Ok, that was something I didn't know. Sorry for that. Some time ago I've
been using the DAG repo for CentOS, but getting support from Redhat well

Then a wget [1] and rpm -i and everything should work out.

[1] http://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/RPMS/

michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tel: +43 1 4277 14359

Vienna University Computer Center