[icinga-devel] Antwort: Re: Small Git Howto published

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Thu May 14 17:39:36 CEST 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 14.05.2009, 17:23 +0200 schrieb
Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com:
> That's sadly a bigger problem. The RPMForge Repo has packages
> with the same name as RHEL5 standard. If you add the repo and
> issue an "yum update", then yum fetches all newer versions vom
> RPMforge and updates the RHEL packages. That's major PITA since
> RHEL support will go like "Oh, you have core libraries from
> a third party source - go figure out the problem yourself."
>
> Sadly a no-go for many of us.
>
> I'd rather download the git rpms and install them manually.
>
> Regards
>         Sascha

If you use yum priorities plugin in as is strongly recommended (and
outlined here
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge) you
won't have to deal with that.

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach