[icinga-devel] Nagios Business Process AddOns

Bernd Stroessenreuther berny1 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 23 12:40:13 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

maybe I'm a little late, but I decided to subscribe to this list in the last
days. Not because I think I could help a lot developing Icinga: I'm neither a
C developer nor a PHP programmer.

As maintainer of the Nagios Business Process AddOns I hope it would be
possible for me, to create ONE version of my AddOns in the future that run
with both: Nagios and Icinga. And I hope, You will help me with this, by
keeping the API as compatible as possible.

To be honest, I'm not only happy with this fork, but probably it was the best
possible alternative at the moment. So hopefully the Icinga community will
also be such a great community to work with, as the Nagios community was.
Let's have a good teamwork on this projekt too.

BTW - Can anybody tell me, what the name Icinga does mean?

Best regards,
   Bernd Stroessenreuther