[icinga-devel] Nagios Business Process AddOns

Bernd Erk bernd.erk at netways.de
Sat May 23 15:59:28 CEST 2009

Hello Bernd,

the easist answer first:

Icinga is a Zulu word meaning Œit looks for¹, Œit browses¹, Œit examines¹.

You can find more information about that on the Icinga Webpage under FAQ.
http://www.icinga.org/faq/.

So in my opinion it'll be no problem to be compatible with Icinga in the
next months, cause Icinga will 100% compatible to Nagios.

At the moment we are working on an API and new Webinterface, which is
planned to release in october..

You can download the actual Interface Framework and there you'll find
a sample applications which shows you how to integrate an addon into
the new frontend.

We'll deliver the "classical" interface, so everything available for Nagios
ist availabel to Icinga. BPA is also fully compatible to Icinga and we've
tested it;-)

Best whishes

Bernd