[icinga-devel] suggestions

koen van der rijt kvanderrijt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:48:09 CET 2009

improvements:

- the tabs are awesome. I Really see myself using them alot. ( being able to
jump to pnp graphs in the same browser tab)
- the design is nice.

Things I would change:

- When the bottom log window minimized I can only see 9 services across a
couple of hosts.. So it lacks a bit what the original interface was very
powerfull at. Seeing in 1 go the overall status of a host.
- Double clicking in a webinterface feels weird.
- put all the stuff from the top part ( the top menu bar, search bar and the
overall status) into the main interface. This gives us more space for a
bigger overview. I woulnt minder to see the upper menu bar in the left menu
seeing I would hardly use it. And as for the overall status bar ( the one
below the top menu bar) I think its better to put it in the first tab of the
main window. I already noticed I'm not looking at it.
- I missed service problems ( this is configurable by yourself ? ) its the
window I use the most.
- I would have used textlinks instead of pictures in the menu. ( at the
moment they align weird which probably still needs some attention)

Its of course easier to find the weakspots but I really like it. It of
course also depends on what I can configure for my personal settings in  a
later stadium etc. But keep up the good work!

Greetings

Koen