[icinga-devel] Future plans for packaging Icinga?

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Mon Oct 5 10:34:50 CEST 2009

Am Montag, den 05.10.2009, 06:27 +0200 schrieb Scott Evans:
> Hi...
>
> As Icinga matures, are there any plans to package this into .rpm
> & .deb (and others) ???
>
> I have limited package experience, meaning that I joined a project (Me
> TV) that had already been setup. So all I did was to grab the new
> source, build a new .deb and upload to Launchpad. So if there are
> plans for this in the future I'll certainly be interested in
> packaging .deb's as I want/need the experience! ;-)
>
> your thoughts?

I have a spec for rpmforge wich works on CentOS/RHEL and fedora. At this
very moment I am installing openSUSE to test/adapt it there. From the
spec you can build rpms yourself.
I already did propose to advertise the 3rd party repositories
(rpmforge/openSUSE) for RPM downloads instead of shipping RPMs on the
project page.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach