[icinga-devel] Future plans for packaging Icinga?

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Wed Oct 7 13:29:51 CEST 2009

Am Montag, den 05.10.2009, 06:27 +0200 schrieb Scott Evans:
> Hi...
>
> As Icinga matures, are there any plans to package this into .rpm
> & .deb (and others) ???
>
> I have limited package experience, meaning that I joined a project (Me
> TV) that had already been setup. So all I did was to grab the new
> source, build a new .deb and upload to Launchpad. So if there are
> plans for this in the future I'll certainly be interested in
> packaging .deb's as I want/need the experience! ;-)
>
> your thoughts?

Ok here is my updated icinga spec.file. It is based on my rpmforge
spec-file and not on the one currently used. It works on CentOS/RHEL 5
and openSuSE 11.1 (using libdbi-devel from j-engel). It should work on
any rpm-based distro if the vendor sepcific vars at the top are set.

It uses -r on useradd so bug #133 kicks in. I have attached the whole
thing since its shorter then the diff.

It should definitely close #106.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach