[icinga-devel] icinga and sqlite (suggest NOT to implement that)

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Sat Oct 31 16:33:20 CET 2009

Hi,

mex wrote:
> hi there,
>

> congrats for 1.0 rc 1, going to test w/ postgres
> and i find some bugs ...
utf8 vs string escaping is a tricky bug report "feature" ... It's on my
todo list but Oracle needs to be running stable first.

> running some tests with an "alternate" interface to nagios,
> giving me the ability to monitor several nagios_instances
> from one interface i faced some problems, using sqlite, with
> massive parallel write/update/delete-statements.
An implementation of SQLite would be part of rewriting Postgresql
procedures and getting SQLite procedures as side effect - kind of. It
depends how much feedback would be here or if there anyone wanting to
maintain that feature ... I am aware of the fact that you will get a
massive load problem on such a db but thanks for testing :)

> i remember, from early discussions, sqlite would/could be
> an option, but i think it#s useable only in small-scall
> environments.
we discussed about small test installs and having a small portable db or
some thing like that. I am not really into SQLite so priority will be
low (3 RDBMs are enough, too....)

Thanks for pointing to that!