[icinga-devel] Improvement in flap detection

"Petr Černohouz - TETA s.r.o." petr.cernohouz at tetanet.cz
Tue Sep 1 15:42:20 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I read flap detection principles in documentation and find some way to
improve this. Current model don't reflect time betwen checks. For
example, if service is monitored only passive and send check result only
when state change, flap detection is unusable(state change = 100%), but
this service may send out many notifications in short period of time. I
know, it is a lot of work to do, but i wil try implement this
improvements in next month or two.

I would like to know your views and comments.

Best Regards
Petr