[icinga-devel] Improvement in flap detection

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Sep 2 08:28:14 CEST 2009

Hi Petr,

Petr Černohouz - TETA s.r.o. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I read flap detection principles in documentation and find some way to
> improve this. Current model don't reflect time betwen checks. For
> example, if service is monitored only passive and send check result only
> when state change, flap detection is unusable(state change = 100%), but
> this service may send out many notifications in short period of time. I
> know, it is a lot of work to do, but i wil try implement this
> improvements in next month or two.

Nice to hear - and your patch will be very welcome! If have questions on
the code do not hesitate to ask here.

Concerning the fact that you want the time between checks being
reflected I could imagine that the event broker module and stuff like
IDOUtils need to be patched too - if this information is relevant to the
user to be in a database e.g.