[icinga-devel] Released: Icinga 1.0.3 & Icinga Web 1.0.3

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Aug 18 12:11:27 CEST 2010

Icinga reaches the next level of open source monitoring - releasing
Icinga 1.0.3 and Icinga Web 1.0.3 to the world!

While Icinga Core unifies the Classic UI, IDOUtils and API in 1.0.3,
Icinga Web steps from 1.0.1 directly to 1.0.3 unstable, preparing for a
unified release version in October.

Several new config options have been added to /*Icinga Core*/, next to
reworking check execution with execvp. We've also fixed several bugs,
e.g. wrong service alerts in the logs and persistent comments
disappearing after restart.

/*Icinga IDOUtils*/ now provide extended syslog output while fixing
major NULL binding errors in Oracle and enhancing column length for
MySQL/Postgresql/Oracle.

We have also been working on an outstanding new feature for the
/*Classic UI*/: Multiple Host/Service selection in the status views,
sending commands to the Core.
Next to that, we have added a pause/continue page update button, the
possibility to show only HARD states in the tactical overview and
optional long_output in the status pages.

*/Icinga API/* now provides unit tests and its own debug log, next to
our own oci8 implementation instead of pdo_oci. Bugs and more Queries
have been added too.

*/Icinga Web/* features a new tactical overview including an underlaying
template engine. Sending commands is now possible to specific instances
only or doing a broadcast. A session expiry watchdog has been added such
as http basic auth.
Several IE and other bugs have been fixed, code quality has been
improved and configure now allows you to set the API credentials e.g.
for IDOUtils DB directly. Watch out for our cool Icinga throbber after
login!

Checkout Changelog or What's New
<http://docs.icinga.org/latest/en/whatsnew.html> section in the docs for
more information!

Please report feedback and/or bugs to our development tracker
<https://dev.icinga.org/projects/icinga-development/wiki/CreateIssue>,
Portal <http://www.icinga-portal.org>! :-)

Enjoy Icinga 1.0.3 and stay tuned for more to come! =)

===

http://sourceforge.net/projects/icinga/

http://www.icinga.org/2010/08/18/released-icinga-1-0-3-icinga-web-1-0-3/

email: 	michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at