[icinga-devel] feature #251 - create check_icinga for nagiosplugins

Hiren Patel hir3npatel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 20:18:50 CET 2010

I was wondering if this could be the start of something for this plugin.
since icinga uses nagios-plugins for plugins currently, the check requires nagios-plugins to build.
it doesn't yet have a proper configure/make file, it uses much of nagios-plugins, therefore requiring the nagios-plugins source to be configured and built with make at the minimum.
if check_icinga won't be accepted into the nagios-plugins project, we could consider making check_icinga a separate entity altogether, not requiring nagios-plugins to build or run (interested to hear what the team thinks).

currently to build what's attached, one needs to:
-get nagios-plugins
-configure and make nagios-plugins
-extract attached tarball and cd into it
-export variables NPDIR and LOCALEDIR as explained in build.sh
-run build.sh

it creates a check_icinga binary in the current directory, there isn't a makefile to install it yet, it will need to be manually copied.
we could look at making check_icinga stand-alone, with all the pieces it needs from nagios-plugins in its own lib/ directory, and then use autotools for it, thoughts?
what's attached isn't a long term solution, but might be helpfull to those testing now or wanting this check.

--
Hiren Patel <hir3npatel at gmail.com>