[icinga-devel] remove USE_EVENT_BROKER conditonals

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Wed Jul 7 11:54:46 CEST 2010

On Wed, July 7, 2010 19:20, Michael Friedrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently the event broker is always enabled throughout configure,
> mandatory for usage with idoutils or any other neb module.
>
> Christoph proposed to remove the conditional #ifdef's from the source
> since it does not matter anyways - see this commit:
>
> https://git.icinga.org/?p=icinga-core.git;a=commit;h=e36831624618533487825b14397582ec80a4f0d1
>
> My question is - is there anyone out there setting
> --enable-event-broker=no ? What do you think about that change?

Well I've only ever use the default (Enabled) as I use idoutils but I
don't see any need to change unless there is a specific reason not to have
it compiled in. If its disabled by default will become an extra
./configure setting to use, not that its an issue, but if the idoutils is
used by many I see a logical reason to disable it as default

Or did I mis understand the question?

--
Scott Evans VK7HSE
Phone: +61362291658