[icinga-devel] add gnulib to icinga

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Jun 23 16:48:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

since I am currently investigating some compilation issues on Solaris
(refer to #521 reported by Alexander Swark), we figured that the
snprintf.c/.h are rather old in comparison and not even used regarding
current configure routines checking for *snprintf/*sprintf.

I've talked a bit with Ton and Holger on irc about that, the
nagiosplugins make use of gnulib for that reason, shipping with a
standardized toolkit (or similar phrase here).
For resolving issues on at least Solaris configure.in needs to be
adapted - during this period of work time it would be great to discuss
about adding gnulib to Icinga Core/IDOUtils. It's mostly asprintf
failing but in regard of other stuff to come/to be used, this library
will prevent more failures in the future.

What's your opinion on that?

(this is not something for 1.0.2 but afterwards!)

michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tel: +43 1 4277 14359