[icinga-devel] add gnulib to icinga

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Thu Jun 24 09:03:12 CEST 2010

Michael Friedrich wrote:
> I've talked a bit with Ton and Holger on irc about that, the
> nagiosplugins make use of gnulib for that reason, shipping with a
> standardized toolkit (or similar phrase here).
> For resolving issues on at least Solaris configure.in needs to be
> adapted - during this period of work time it would be great to discuss
> about adding gnulib to Icinga Core/IDOUtils. It's mostly asprintf
> failing but in regard of other stuff to come/to be used, this library
> will prevent more failures in the future.

One thing to add regarding ongoing development - gnulib is available
through git, so it might be possible to work with an remote git
submodule just like we do currently with docs and api on the core git.
Only updating the master submodule pointer if necessary leaving
everything ontouched if possible. Normal checkout by core git users
would be affected with git submodule init & update.

Good/bad idea?

michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tel: +43 1 4277 14359