[icinga-devel] Feature proposal: external command

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Mon Mar 8 15:13:10 CET 2010

Marius Hein wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> The following mail arrived just this morning. Should I create an issue
> for that?
>
> --- SNIP ---
>
> It would be very useful, if logs contained information related to
> command execution by specific user. For example, at this moment we have:
> [1267601550] EXTERNAL COMMAND: DISABLE_SVC_CHECK;Serwer;Uptime
> It lacks user, who disabled monitoring
>
> --- SNAP ---

It has been discussed and requested a lot, but you are welcome to open
an issue. I'm not sure how to implement that but maybe others can throw
some ideas in here.

Basically such commands run through the cgis where the logged in user is
already shown on the html code. so it will be held during the websession
in a global variable, probably.
so the information pipe to logs must be extended, i believe that this
wouldn't be that hard to implement. but beware of the syntax changing in
the logs not to screw up existing log parsers.

michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tel: +43 1 4277 14359