[icinga-devel] Feature proposal: external command

Marius Hein marius.hein at netways.de
Tue Mar 9 11:39:15 CET 2010

Hi Michael.

> Basically such commands run through the cgis where the logged in user is
> already shown on the html code. so it will be held during the websession
> in a global variable, probably.
> so the information pipe to logs must be extended, i believe that this
> wouldn't be that hard to implement. but beware of the syntax changing in
> the logs not to screw up existing log parsers.

What is about to add the user to every command. So every command would
start with the executor like:

[1268130829] jdoe;ENABLE_SVC_CHECK;c1-db1;MySQL

or

[1268130829,jdoe] ENABLE_SVC_CHECK;c1-db1;MySQL

For backward compatibility the given user is not mandatory or the daemon
inserts the env user if missing.

The log output could be a separated one to honour existing log parsers.

I don't know if this is a big change in the core, just my two cents ....

LG Marius.

--
Marius Hein
Application Developer

NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 15-19 | D-90429 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 911 92885-0 | Fax: +49 911 92885-77
GF: Julian Hein | AG Nürnberg HRB18461

http://www.netways.de | marius.hein at netways.de

** NETWAYS Open Source Data Center Conference 2010 | Nürnberg, 23. bis
24. Juni 2010 | http://www.netways.de/osdc **