[icinga-devel] Feature proposal: external command

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tue Mar 9 11:52:18 CET 2010

Hi,

Marius Hein wrote:
> What is about to add the user to every command. So every command would
> start with the executor like:
>
> [1268130829] jdoe;ENABLE_SVC_CHECK;c1-db1;MySQL
>
> or
>
> [1268130829,jdoe] ENABLE_SVC_CHECK;c1-db1;MySQL

I wouldn't do that this way. logparsers work with regular expressions
(mostly) and changing inner syntax will break them.

I thought of adding that after the last entry, just as an optional addon.

Maybe we could even set a configure flag as option to disable that on
demand (or maybe to enable it?).

Opinions on that?

> For backward compatibility the given user is not mandatory or the daemon
> inserts the env user if missing.

Hmmm depends. Or leave it jsut blank. Other opinions?

> The log output could be a separated one to honour existing log parsers.

Maybe, but that's overhead in rewriting the non-modular logoutput module.

> I don't know if this is a big change in the core, just my two cents ....

I don't know either as I don't have time to check on current code.
Packaging stuff and Icinga deployment is moving on.

Also I prefer to take a coding break after 1.0.1 ... I don't like senses
of upcoming burnouts... ;-)

Kind regards,
Michi

michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at