[icinga-devel] Feature proposal: external command

Marius Hein marius.hein at netways.de
Tue Mar 9 13:43:57 CET 2010

Hi hi.

>> [1268130829] jdoe;ENABLE_SVC_CHECK;c1-db1;MySQL
>>
>> or
>>
>> [1268130829,jdoe] ENABLE_SVC_CHECK;c1-db1;MySQL
>

> I wouldn't do that this way. logparsers work with regular expressions
> (mostly) and changing inner syntax will break them.

This is a example of the input string, not what users become to see.

> I thought of adding that after the last entry, just as an optional addon.

Yes why not.

> Maybe we could even set a configure flag as option to disable that on
> demand (or maybe to enable it?).

Yes I thought something like that.

>> The log output could be a separated one to honour existing log parsers.
>
> Maybe, but that's overhead in rewriting the non-modular logoutput module.

Or you can print this just as a process information.

> Also I prefer to take a coding break after 1.0.1 ... I don't like senses
> of upcoming burnouts... ;-)

Just as an idea, I'll create an issue and write things together.

LG Marius.

--
Marius Hein
Application Developer

NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 15-19 | D-90429 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 911 92885-0 | Fax: +49 911 92885-77
GF: Julian Hein | AG Nürnberg HRB18461

http://www.netways.de | marius.hein at netways.de

** NETWAYS Open Source Data Center Conference 2010 | Nürnberg, 23. bis
24. Juni 2010 | http://www.netways.de/osdc **