[icinga-devel] icinga-core: proposal: stop checking service once it's "OK"

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Mon Mar 15 08:41:44 CET 2010

Am Freitag, den 12.03.2010, 16:58 +0100 schrieb Halpaap, Mark:
> Hello list,
>
> I've been using icinga for two month now and found that I needed to
> implement a small
> change for it to fit my needs.
>
> My installation does application monitoring besides the usual
> machine/network monitoring,
> and there's quite a lot of service checks that may very well go to
> sleep (for the current check/time period)
> if and when the corresponding state changes to "OK".
> Just imagine a check for existance of a specific file due on a daily
> basis.
> I have not found a way to tell icinga: stop issuing further (active)
> checks once this
> (service-)check is "OK", so I made a shot at implementing it.
> Basically I added a service-based attribute called
> "stop_checking_on_success",
> setting it to 1 in the service-cfg does just that.

Mark

your case sounds like the typical case for passive checks with freshness
checking. (Once the file is there submit a passive OK check result).

Apart from that i don't get how active checking is re-enabled in your
proposal once it is stopped.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach