[icinga-devel] Happy Birthday Icinga and THANK YOU ALL!

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Thu May 6 08:51:57 CEST 2010

     Today Icinga celebrates its first birthday. One year ago, Nagios
was forked and Icinga was publicly announced. We were so excited. It may
not sound like a big thing, but for us it was a big step and what
happened in this last 365 days was huge and proved us right.

     First of all, Icinga today is much more than just a Nagios fork. It
has become an innovative and vivid open source project, with all its ups
and downs. Lots of people joined the team and are trying to make Icinga
a better monitoring tool and now it is time to thank everyone who
helped, even if it was only a small contribution. Thanks for showing
love for Icinga…you are awesome!

     Another cool thing: we were able to stick almost 100% to our
roadmap. All releases were ready for download on the promised day and it
looks like we are even a couple of days ahead with our plans for the
next release. Lots of new features have been developed: modifications to
the core, support for Oracle and PostgreSQL, a brand new webinterface
that has multiple languages provided by the community. Supportwise, we
implemented a living bug tracking, a feedback system and created even
our first webcast! And it was fun!:-)

     All of this wouldn´t be possible without the great Icinga team.
Right now, we are 16 active members from all over the world: from
Australia to Austria and from Germany to South Africa. As the software
progresses, so does the team. Everyone is welcome and we want you to be
Icinga.

     As we see more and more positive blogposts, tweets and case
studies, we are very encouraged to carry on. Let’s celebrate a happy
Icinga birthday.

     Cheers!

http://www.icinga.org/2010/05/06/happy-birthday-icinga-and-thank-you-all/

michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at