[icinga-devel] Icinga vs Nagios – What’s the difference?

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tue May 25 13:14:23 CEST 2010

===

Yep, we did it. We’ve finally tackled it head on and answered that
nagging question – What’s the difference between Icinga and Nagios?

Indeed a year on, Icinga has ascended above the status of a mere fork.
After implementing 400+ patches, bug fixes and feature requests, as well
as a flexible API based system architecture – Icinga is now a piece of
monitoring software to reckon with.

See for yourself, the differences in the system architecture, web
interface, addon development style and above all the team and community
that are behind it – on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLqhXvGTazI&feature=player_embedded

===

http://www.icinga.org/2010/05/25/youtube-icinga-vs-nagios-whats-the-difference/