[icinga-devel] graph_url next to action|notes_url

Sven Nierlein sven at consol.de
Wed Oct 13 17:47:01 CEST 2010

 Hi Michael,

> On 13.10.10 17:05, "Michael Friedrich" <michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at>
> wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>> as I am currently working on finishing an Icinga productive environment,
>> we came across the problem that action_url's are used for sth else, not
>> allowing the pnp urls everywhere (multiurl patch is nice, but with the
>> templating of pnp not really usable).
>>
>> it came to my mind, that implementing a new attribute would be such a
>> killer feature which might be usable.taking care of the neb api and
>> modules then, but i do think that this will be more benefit than
>> everything else, having such things in classic ui and icinga-web then.
>> optional in the first place, but users might migrate easier then. and it
>> will enhance e.g. pnp(4icinga) too.

i dont think its a good idea to add another url attribute. (And you would have to add a grapher_icon too).
I was thinking about something like that in Thruk too, but i would like to have a more generic one. For example
a _HTML_SHORT and _HTML_LONG custum variables. This way it would be still compatible to nagios and you dont
have to add another attribute for every single link. The next person wants to have a wiki_url with wiki_icon and
so on... till we end up with 20 different *_urls and *_icons.
The _HTML_SHORT is for the status_detail page and the _HTML_LONG is for the extinfo page. This way you would have
the full flexibility of html without the workarounds of using a grapher_url with quotes.

Would be nice if we find a solution for both, Icinga and Thruk.

Sven