[icinga-devel] Intermediate Release: Icinga 1.2.1

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Mon Oct 25 11:58:11 CEST 2010

Icinga 1.2.1 introduces a minor release on our stable branch for 1.2 --
future fixes for 1.2 will be released the same way while working on the
1.3 unstable branch.

Thanks to everyone reporting back on 1.2.0 release! Therefore we decided
to put several fixes and also enhancements directly into a 1.2.1 release.

A major fix for */Icinga C//ore/* is *detecting the downtimes correctly
again*, while *scheduling a check for all services on a host* works
again in the */classic UI/*.

Several combined fixes on the core include *snprintf in make on
Solaris*, *epn tag fixes* and the fix for *ignoring empty definitions
correctly, only warn* in case. /*IDOUtils*/ now *closes the database
connection correctly on errors*, preventing too much dead connections on
the RDBMS.

We've also fixed the *html escaping in the newly introduced comment
toolstips* and also added *html tags on the extinfo comment table cells*
in the */Classic UI/*. *CSV export has been extended for all options in
Availibity Reports*. It is now possible to *hide initial state and
current state log entries in showlog.cgi.*

*/Icinga Web/* features a new *task in Admin panel -- you can now
directly clear the cache* if having changed underlaying configuration.
The *static urls are working* again, next to several *fixes on
Postgresql schema*. The main cronk now shows the *correct number of
items in Postgresql and Oracle* (API group by fix), and the *datetime
format* has been fixed too next to *preventing free edit of language
preferences*.

/*Icinga Docs*/*//* has been updated too -- fixed *PNP install*, *epn
support*, added *cgiurl hint to nagios-plugins install*, hint for
*safe_mode=off for PHP 5.3*, hint for *selinux in IDOUtils* Quickstart
and last but not least added *more info on plugin usage*.

Download Icinga 1.2.1 <https://sourceforge.net/projects/icinga/files/>
and keep up with reporting back any issues/feedback/feature requests
<https://dev.icinga.org>! =)

==
http://www.icinga.org/2010/10/25/intermediate-release-icinga-1-2-1/

email: 	michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at