[icinga-devel] [patch] IPv6 support for nrpe and check_nrpe

Florian Obser florian at narrans.de
Sat Sep 4 12:25:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 08/31/2010 02:50 PM, Michael Friedrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> patch was combined by Mike Becker into a generalized diff, I've added
>  that to GIT and merged to master (so you can merge the master into
> your cloned repository).

Thanks for applying the patch.

Sorry for late reply, I was busy preparing a presentation for the 15th
de-cix birthday celebration. Unfortunately the commit was some hours to
late (and I probably wouldn't have noticed it anyway) so my slides
pointed to my cloned repo. But I added a quick info on my repo that the
patch is now upstream.

I'm going to merge today and then look at the in6addr_any issue. I'm
going to look at what openssh does as I suspect that it's very clean and
portable code.

I had a private email conversation with Owen DeLong thanking him for his
IPv6 porting presentation and he pointed out (among other things) that
treating the port as string and then letting getaddrinfo convert it back
immediately might not be the best way. I will look into that (mainly to
learn more about IPv6 programming) but I don't think that this is a big
issue for nrpe because:
a) the performance hit can probably be ignored
b) it's kind of neat to be able to provide a port or a service name

> several other stuff like .gitignore and AUTHORS/THANKS has been added
> too.
>
> Thanks again for your patch!
>
> Kind regards, Michael

Best regards,