[icinga-devel] [patch] IPv6 support for nsca and send_nsca

Florian Obser florian at narrans.de
Sat Sep 4 12:53:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 08/28/2010 11:33 AM, Michael Friedrich wrote:
> Hi,

[...]

> PS: Interested in doing more stuff with NRPE/NSCA? There are some
> other patches floating around (especially the plugin output length).

No, not really, sorry. I don't have time and I'm not really a C coder
any more.
We had an urgent need for IPv6 support in nrpe because we started
deploying a big number of machines with rfc 1918 addresses and I figured
(correctly I might add) that implementing IPv6 support in nrpe / nsca
and giving all those machines v6 addresses is a lot less painful than
thinking about nat-traversal / port forwarding or something like that :)

That being said there might be more IPv6 patches coming your way if we
find more missing features we might need (I'm thinking about check
commands - a lot of those work over IPv6 already but I didn't look
systematically) Btw. there doesn't seam to be a icinga fork of
nagios-plugins?

Best regards,
Florian