[icinga-devel] [patch] IPv6 support for nrpe and check_nrpe

Mike Becker webmaster at redpeppersworld.de
Tue Sep 14 18:00:33 CEST 2010

Hi Florian,
i have applied your patch to my branch and tested it and it works like a
charm. I will merge it to master today. I will close the Issue in the
Bugtracker as all features depending IPv6 are now working as satisfied.

Regards,
Mike

Am 06.09.2010 21:26, schrieb Florian Obser:
> Hi,
>
> I just pushed the attached patch to
> git://github.com/fobser/icinga-nrpe-ipv6.git
>
> nrpe now correctly listens on :: and 0.0.0.0 if server_address is not
> configured. As an added bonus you can also configure a name with A and
> AAAA records and nrpe listens on both addresses. I didn't try what
> happens if you have multiple A or AAAA records, but I suspect it might
> just work.
>
> I removed Mike's(?) comments as I think this is resolved now:
>
> //             server_address = "::";
> /* it's better to work on IPv6 if not set as IPv4 Addresspace is
> included in IPv6  but shuld be discussed if this is ok as getaddrinfo
> will look in IPv6 Mode after a AAAA Entry if not a IP is in allowed hosts*/
>
> This was in the following block:
>
>         if(!server_address || !strlen(server_address)) {
>                 server_address = NULL;
>                 addrinfo.ai_flags=AI_PASSIVE;
>                 }
>
> Btw. checking for strlen(server_address) == 0 is just paranoia, with the
> current code you can't get a string of length 0, it's either bigger or
> NULL.
>
> Best regards,
> Florian

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-thread-sfd

- --

Mike Becker
Administrator / Webmaster / Consultant -
redpeppersworld.de/redpeppercluster.de

Tel:   +49 22 33 - 39 170 33
Fax:   +49 22 33 - 39 170 33
Mobi.: +49 17 6  - 84 093 600