[icinga-devel] Featrues of NRPE

Mike Becker webmaster at redpeppersworld.de
Tue Sep 14 23:24:10 CEST 2010

Am 14.09.2010 23:16, schrieb Marcel Hecko:
> Is integrating base checks directly into nrpe a good idea? The
> portability of NRPE would go rapidly down as there are many different
> systems where we use NRPE and many of them are not POSIX compatible.
>
> Marcel

it may be optional or will go to a plugin for a plugin system that could
be done to NRPE ( i'm open to suggestions)
also i thought that i must be an independent namespace that no check
will use (e.g. nrpe_*)

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Mike Becker
> <webmaster at redpeppersworld.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as i want to Improve NRPE i had some things in mind that i want to add:
> - Integrated base Checks (e.g. CPU , Load , RAM, Disks, Processes)
> - full SSL Support ( Connections will not be Encrypted by a 512 Bit
> Diffle-Hellman Key instead using TLSv1 Certificates)
> - with the SSL Support i also want to get rid of another security issue.
> I mean the Authentication of a NRPE Client (check_nrpe) on a NRPE
> Daemon. I'm thinking about a PKI Structure or another x.509 Based
> Certificate Auth.
>
> I would like to hear if you agree with me and what you would like to
> have in NRPE
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike

Regards,

Mike

-

- --

Mike Becker
Administrator / Webmaster / Consultant -
redpeppersworld.de/redpeppercluster.de

Tel:   +49 22 33 - 39 170 33
Fax:   +49 22 33 - 39 170 33
Mobi.: +49 17 6  - 84 093 600