[icinga-devel] Featrues of NRPE

Marcel Hecko maco at blava.net
Tue Sep 14 23:40:15 CEST 2010

It does partly mirror the SIGAR interface to sytem resources - Java
APIs for Hyperic agent. If you could integrate SIGAR with NRPE into
one package that would be rather cool.
I will probably be doing this in a very near future so if you would
like to merge the initiatives I am very much opened to cooperation :)
This would probably mean having SIGAR written in JAVA integrated
through C/C++ with NRPE agent - I also believe the Java API can be
skipped, since SIGAR libraries are actually written in C, however this
would mean much more coding in NRPE replacing sigar.jar with own
icinga code - again, this reminds me of NSClient++, however prepared
to be used on ANY platform supported by SIGAR libraries, not just
Windows.

Marcel