[icinga-devel] Featrues of NRPE

Marcel Hecko maco at blava.net
Wed Sep 15 13:26:36 CEST 2010

Mike,
I actually strongly agree with you, however once Icinga will be in a
need to actually create their own 0-config agent this might be an
option. I will have to approacht his solution, because we have way too
heterogeneous infrastructure to deal with every individual platform
separately, however every platform runs JVM so I will create simple
shell script which will invoke sigar.jar and query necessary information
from SIGAR libs.

SIGAR Is licensed under GNU/GPL
http://support.hyperic.com/display/SIGAR/Home#Home-license

Does anyone have any up-to-date information or experience using NRPE
under HP-UX?

Marcel