[icinga-devel] Featrues of NRPE

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Wed Sep 15 13:41:09 CEST 2010

Am Dienstag, den 14.09.2010, 23:11 +0200 schrieb Mike Becker:

> Hi,
>
> as i want to Improve NRPE i had some things in mind that i want to add:
> - - Integrated base Checks (e.g. CPU , Load , RAM, Disks, Processes)
> - - full SSL Support ( Connections will not be Encrypted by a 512 Bit
> Diffle-Hellman Key instead using TLSv1 Certificates)
> - - with the SSL Support i also want to get rid of another security issue.
> I mean the Authentication of a NRPE Client (check_nrpe) on a NRPE
> Daemon. I'm thinking about a PKI Structure or another x.509 Based
> Certificate Auth.
>
> I would like to hear if you agree with me and what you would like to
> have in NRPE
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike

Hi Mike actually we had all of these ideas for some distant future for a
dispatcher/worker model. I like your ideas but what I really don't like
is that one group works on gearman while the other improves nrpe. We
really should settle for one direction to go instead of doing
everything.

Chris

financial.com AG

Munich head office/Hauptsitz München: Maria-Probst-Str. 19 | 80939 München | Germany | Tel. +49 89 318528-0
Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach
Supervisory board/Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Dr. Ernst zur Linden (Chairman/Vorsitzender)