[icinga-devel] Featrues of NRPE

Sven Nierlein sven at consol.de
Wed Sep 15 16:19:18 CEST 2010

 On 09/15/10 15:51, Christoph Maser wrote:
> Are they so different? I consider a worker per checked host as a special
> case of distributed checking which would make nrpe obsolote.

Thats right. This would make nrpe obsolete. But there is currently
no host affinity. There is only hostgroups / servicegroups affinity
implemented at the moment. And i don't think its useful.
You would have to setup difficult rules to determince when a check
has to be put onto that host queue. For example you won't put a ping
or http check into the host queue.
Next thing is, you don't have nrpe on all hosts, router, switches or printer
for example. So you would have to provide a list of "nrpe" hosts. This
would make gearman difficult to setup and maintain but one of the primary
goals is to keep distributed setups easy and manage them in convenient
way.