[icinga-devel] icinga 1.6.0 released

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Nov 30 16:46:14 CET 2011

Icinga 1.6 is out now for download
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/icinga/>! This release is overflowing
with useability enhancements in both Icinga New Web and Icinga Classic
UI, with an exciting new SLA extension in IDOUtils to boot.

*
*

In the Classic UI and Core we have extended logging capabilities for
easier troubleshooting, added notifications for stalked hosts and
services and improved performance in notification logic. We also are
proud to say we've added the ability to set acknowledgements with expiry
time -- an idea that has come off ourfeedback poll
<http://feedback.icinga.org/>, so keep them coming!

For Icinga Web users, a new, optional SLA extension can be found in the
latest IDOUtils. The module breaks down critical events to distinguish
downtime and acknowledgement periods, taking SLA reporting to a new
level of precision -- accessible from the Icinga Web interface. Even
better, the related expansion of the underlying database model and
IDO2DB logic gives us the foundations we need to move towards
comprehensive SLA reporting direct from the database.

Another new feature to check out is the Tackle cronk. This gives an
overview of all information related to any monitoring object. Specify a
host, and the Tackle cronk will display its related services, host
groups, contacts, custom variables, comments, SLA details and so on. The
Tackle cronk was designed by admins for admins, and is our preliminary
version -- so please add to its development with your feedback.

We hope you enjoyIcinga 1.6<http://sourceforge.net/projects/icinga/>and
share your thoughts with us on ourmailing lists
<http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=260128>anddevelopment tracker
<https://dev.icinga.org/>. Hailing from the Icinga hack corner of the
OSMC, we thank all the testers and contributors to this release!

*CHANGE LOG SUMMARY*

*Core*

  * Acknowledgements can now expire by providing an end_time through
    commands #770 <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/770>
  * Log error on non-existing host/service/contact/*group when sending a
    command to the core #1737 <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1737>
  * Reduce notification load by moving notification viability check into
    notification list creation (Opsview Team) #1744
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1744>
  * Add notifications to stalking hosts/services, not only logging/event
    handlers #1367 <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1367>
  * Fix $NOTIFICATIONRECIPIENTS$ macro contains all contacts assigned to
    host|service, not only notified contacts #2023
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/2023>
  * Make first_notification_delay depend on the first !OK hard state
    change and don't reset timer for new hard states which would replace
    it (Rogerio F Cunha) #1918 <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1918>

*Classic UI*

  * Add expiry option and end_time to acknowledgements on cmd.cgi #770
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/770>
  * Acknowledge child hosts from on blocking outages #1858
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1858>
  * Add opt-in extinfo_show_child_hosts to show child hosts in
    extinfo.cgi #1820 <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1820>
  * Add complete command line to config.cgi
    (cgi.cfg:authorized_for_full_command_resolution) #1329
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1329>
  * Fixed search not returning all results, only first match (without *
    at the end) (search hosts AND services) #844
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/844>

*IDOUtils*

  * Add SLA monitoring via opt-in enable_sla cfg option #2037
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/2037>
  * Add Indices for notification queries for Icinga Web #1964
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1964>
  * Add max_notifications_age, max_contactnotifications_age,
    max_contactnotificationmethods_age as housekeeping for notification
    tables #2051 <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/2051>

*Web*

  * Show hostgroup membership #999 <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/999>
  * Link to show selected host in statusmap #1256
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1256>
  * Function 'Delete comments' in icinga-web #1438
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1438>
  * New notification frame #1546 <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1546>
  * Add SLA support #1942 <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1942>
  * Move information buttons to info view #1944
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1944>
  * Move search to menubar #1951 <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1951>

*Documentation*

  * IDOUtils configuration #707 <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/707>
  * Add acknowledgement with expire time #1973
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1973>
  * Add new extinfo_show_child_hosts option to cgi.cfg #1982
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1982>
  * Documentation for the SLA feature #2038
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/2038>
  * Add stalking notifications (icinga.cfg) #2046
    <https://dev.icinga.org/issues/2046>

https://www.icinga.org/2011/11/30/icinga-1-6-released/

email:  michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
phone:  +43 1 4277 14359