[icinga-devel] Documentation error for pnp4nagios

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Sun Apr 22 11:28:33 CEST 2012

On 20.04.2012 12:51, Daniel Bierstedt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I found an error in docs for pnp4nagios, but don't know where to report:

over here please.
https://dev.icinga.org/projects/icinga-docs

> http://docs.icinga.org/1.6/en/perfgraphs.html
>
> "Make sure that icingastats (without the extension .php) matches the
> value you specified for the service description" is not correct. AFAIK
> pnp4nagios uses the check command for the template.
>
> "check_command check_dummy!0" will result in using the default
> template, because a check_dummy.php is not present.

that sounds logical. it would be better to define a command named
"check_icingastats" using the check_dummy command, and then let pnp
process that into the template, right?
custom templates won't work with that, cause it's a passive check.

if you got same/better proposal, please attach it to the bug report.

thanks,
michael

email:     michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
phone:     +43 1 4277 14359