[icinga-devel] Tried to install icinga2 it fails

Gunnar Beutner gunnar.beutner at netways.de
Wed Oct 31 08:28:58 CET 2012

Am 30.10.2012 16:11, schrieb john s.:
> Hello list
> ubuntu 10.04 lts
> icinga2
>
> I tried to install the  experimental version icinga 2 from github  on a
> test system
>
> I've made the following steps among these how to's:
>
> 1. Install icinga2
> https://wiki.icinga.org/display/icinga2/Linux+Builds#LinuxBuilds-SampleConfig
>
> 2. Boost Libraries installed manually
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_51_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html
> ( easy and build install )
>
> 3. linked the libraries with
> sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib
>
> so far so good
>
> but whne i tried to load the binary with config
>
> sbin/icinga2 -c etc/icinga2/icinga2.conf
>
> it comes the following error:
>

> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_cast'
>     what():  std::bad_cast

Is that the whole error message? Assuming you're using the latest
version from the Git repository you should also get a stacktrace which
would make identifying this problem quite a bit easier.

If you're not getting a stacktrace please consider running icinga2 with
gdb (gdb -ex run --args sbin/icinga2 -c etc/icinga2/icinga2.conf) and
post a full stacktrace from there (bt full).

> regards john s.

Gunnar Beutner
Application Developer

NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 15-19 | D-90429 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 911 92885-0 | Fax: +49 911 92885-77
GF: Julian Hein, Bernd Erk | AG Nürnberg HRB18461

http://www.netways.de | gunnar.beutner at netways.de

** NETWAYS Open Source Data Center Conference 2013 |
    Nürnberg, 17. und 18. April 2013 |
    http://www.netways.de/osdc **
** Puppet Camp 2013 | Nürnberg, 19. April 2013 |
    http://www.netways.de/puppetcamp **